Holiday Vacation 2011-2012


The holiday season is already upon us and colder weather has just arrived too.  Fortunately for everyone, family time is here so vacation needs to start up too.  I will be giving a 3 week vacation to everyone in my music classes from Monday, December 19th, 2011 through Saturday, January 7th, 2012.  So, remember that there will be no classes from the 4th week of December through the 1st week of January.

Also, all students are coming in to class with more stuffy noses, coughs, and sneezing...which I do not mind, but will be enforcing my hand sanitation more often, which I provide.  If your child is allergic to this, please let me know.  If your child becomes sick, it's okay to miss class and stay home to let them recover well enough so they can be at their 100% best when they come again to our next class.

I appreciate all the work you as parents do to make sure your children keep at being disciplined with music and helping their enthusiasm for love of fine arts by bringing them regularly to music classes.  They have all improved so much and my new students are a delight to get to know better and work with as well.  

Remember that you are the key to letting your child learn music and the only resource for them to stay with it so that they may share it with others, use it as a means to create and as an outlet, and eventually keep it well through their adulthood.  When things get tough with your student, don't give up! Every parent goes through what seems like a wall, but you need to push through it for them.  They do see your effort and they will treasure it forever, just like I have with my parents that helped me in the early stages of my love for music.

Happy holidays and best wishes for a very warm season!